Fri, Sep 22|
Christ Church Cathedral
Organ Recital: Aaron Tan
Aaron Tan, winner of the Canadian International Organ Competition in 2019, in recital.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2023, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Christ Church Cathedral, 930 Burdett Ave, Victoria, BC V8V 3G8, Canada
About the event
Award-winning organist Aaron Tan presents a recital on the Wolff Op. 47 organ. Tickets are $20, students discounted tickets $10.
- Praeludium in e, BuxWV 142, Dieterich Buxtehude (1637–1707)
- Dic nobis Maria (motet intabulation after Bassano), Heinrich Scheidemann (ca. 1595–1663)
- Toccata in g, SwWV 271, Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck (1562–1621)
- Wild Mossy Mountains, Judith Weir (b. 1954)
- Hymn Tune Prelude on ‘Song 13’, Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872–1958)
- Toccata, op. 12, Fernando Germani (1906–1998)
- Lumière (from 7 Méditations sur le Saint Esprit, op. 6), Jeanne Demessieux (1921–1968)
- Ave Maria (from Cathedral Windows, op. 106), Sigfrid Karg-Elert (1877–1933)
- Symphonie No. 5(V. Final), Louis Vierne (1870–1937)